2nd shift Mechanic - Packaging
Sets-up, adjusts, and troubleshoots Packaging equipment. Completes minor and major repair, preventative maintenance and major overhaul on all Packaging equipment. Works with other Packaging associates in a team environment to efficiently execute the schedule. Communicates with Warehouse, Processing, Shop, and other support areas. Strives for continuous improvement in service, quality, safety, and cost. Ensures compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, FDA, drug product manufacturing procedures and Fareva’s quality and safety standards.
21 November 2019
- Efficiently completes all set-ups and troubleshoots assigned lines.
- Keeps lines operating properly during the course of production runs
- Assists Packaging machine operators and Supervisor with machinery-related problems encountered during production runs.
- Assists with equipment installations, equipment upgrades, and other major projects.
- Assists in the design of new set-up parts. Repairs change parts as prescribed.
- Looks for opportunities to improve standard line speed and crews and monitors actual line speeds/crews.
- Understands and implements fill/torque control requirement. Uses information to minimize waste and spoilage.
- Responsible for the daily execution of schedule.
- Trains other associates as needed.
- Handles collection and disposal of hazardous products, ethanol and sanitizing agent generated by Packaging in accordance with environmental, safety, and regulatory requirements.
- Follows safety policies and maintains good housekeeping in work area.
- Completes asbestos awareness training, recognizes and informs Supervisor of asbestos hazards (i.e. floor tile drilling) to ensure sampling, appropriate precautions, and/or abatement where required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED, or technical school training required.
- Mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to handle pressure and demonstrate flexibility.
- Able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills and take initiative on specific issues.
- Must demonstrate expertise in the set-up, troubleshooting, and maintenance of packaging equipment.
- Must be able to train and develop other associates.
Please send your resume to HR.MortonGrove@fareva.com