Supervisor is responsible for the direct supervision of non-exempt associates. Directly tasked to ensure high level of service to the Representatives by meeting the production requirements and adhering to quality and safety standards at the lowest cost. The individual in this role will be responsible for managing all aspects of the shift including safety, quality, regulatory compliance, service, production, cost and people management. This role will also be responsible for championing packaging initiatives for continuous improvement by monitoring existing standards and developing improvement strategies in line with NA Business Unit objectives. Ensure that production schedules are executed. Supervisor is responsible for building a cohesive team through positive recognition, coaching and, when necessary, progressive discipline.
26 May 2020
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure all finished goods are produced in a timely manner to meet the planned and emergency requirements of both the Morton Grove Lab and external customers.
- Operate the Packaging Shift in an efficient manner to ensure all production and testing is done at minimum cost consistent with quality, safety, service, and regulatory compliance requirements. Cost control responsibilities include direct, overhead, overtime and material scrap.
- Oversee/handle collection and disposal of ethanol and sanitizing agents generated by Packaging accordance with safety and regulatory requirements.
- Uphold and improve quality/safety/production standards.
- Resolve issues that arise regarding schedule execution, labor productivity, service, quality, regulatory compliance and safety.
- Lead internal teams to execute the annual strategic plans.
- Interact with Packaging Manager in development and execution of the strategic plan as well as other problem solving /transformation teams.
- Develop and maintains an effective, high-morale, highly-engaged work force.
- Expand the application of total employee involvement processes including work redesign, empowerment, and quality and productivity improvement teams consistent with Fareva's principles and values.
- Pursue employee development through training, empowerment, and recognition utilizing the Performance Management Process.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to hourly Associates to further their development in current role.
- Work with team to set SMART goals, objectives and KPIs in accordance with the organization's goals.
- Responsible for staff management including hiring, training, coaching and development, recognition, progressive discipline up to and including termination.
- Communicate frequently and timely required information to all hourly Associates in an effective matter.
- Directly manage non-exempt staff following Fareva's values, principles and policies.
- Demonstrate creative cost saving approaches to completing and improving tasks and processes.
- Utilize hourly Associate teams to drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Enforce operating procedures and systems to meet safety, quality, service, and regulatory compliance requirements of internal and external customers, and regulatory agencies, including, OSHA and the FDA.
- Ensure safety and GMP compliance.
- Assures production and testing equipment is maintained in good operating condition.
- Oversee/handle collection and disposal of hazardous waste, ethanol and sanitizing agents generated by Packaging in accordance with safety, EPA, and regulatory requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil or Chemical Engineering.
- Green Belt or Black Belt certification is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role managing 10 or more Associates is preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate to groups of 45+ Associates and to communicate with Associates one on one.
- Must be able to deliver strong schedule execution and show sustainable improvement in KPIs and have the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to partner with Supervisors in other departments.
- Must be able to make immediate decisions with limited information and rapid assimilation of facts.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and take on multiple projects at one time.
- Must be able to work weekends when required
Interested? Please send your resume to HR.MortonGrove@fareva.com